Monday, September 29, 2014



November 4th, 2014 will see the release of Elephant and Piggie's newest adventure, WAITING IS NOT EASY!

It sure isn't. 



Because waiting really, really is not easy, I'll be giving a sneak peek reading and signing of the new Elephant and Piggie adventure 2 days early!

DON'T WAIT! Come on by:

Sunday, November 2nd


For a full day with big readings, games, cartoons, surprises, and visits from Elephant and Piggie themselves starting at 10am. 

There will be 2 readings with Q+A period.  

At  11:00 am


11:40 am

These will be free with museum admission, but you'll need to reserve your seats as the events do fill up quickly.

After that (around NOON) I'll be signing books for you.

(Please only 1 book from home. ALL OF THE EVENT DETAILS ARE HERE!)

If you're in the area, please come on by!

(to get a sense of the day, check out this article from my last appearance at the Carle)


Last month, Yale University's Beineke Library announced the acquisition of a large volume of my papers, notes, and original drawings.  I'm thrilled to have my work in such a fantastic collection (a Gutenberg Bible is there!) housed in such a fantastic building. It's also very cool that eventually all of my papers will be in one place alongside a collection of juvenile work that stretches back centuries and is readily available for scholars to poke around in.


In the coming months I'll have some fun news about upcoming productions of ELEPHANT AND PIGGIE'S WE ARE IN A PLAY! including a forthcoming release of an album of all the songs.

If you are running a theater (or theater department), I will point you in the direction of Music Theater International (MTI) which is handling the licensing of ELEPHANT AND PIGGIE'S WE ARE IN A PLAY! as well as my previous Kennedy Center production, KNUFFLE BUNNY: A CAUTIONARY MUSICAL.


Over in Australia, the ABC Melbourne have very nice things to say about THE PIGEON NEEDS A BATH!

Thanks to you, the book has continued to perch on the NYTimes Bestseller list for much of the month.  Thanks, you!


Check out my new comic strip of explorations and gags called FROM THE MO WILLEMS SKETCHBOOK, now in it's second month. 

I'm sharing drawings from my sketchbook, dining room dinner doodles, abstractions, photo-gags, and mo' most every weekday.  I hope you'll visit the strip often and that it will provide the occasional smile or giggle.


The fine folks at OUT OF PRINT have just released their DON'T LET THE PIGEON DRIVE THE BUS! T-shirts for kids and they're great!  PLUS every purchase sends a book to a child in need.

You can check them out here.

They also have onesies for infants.

If you want to know all of the clothing stuff out there with my characters, this is the place to go.


The R Michelson Galleries have produced a 18" x 24" poster image from last month's PARIS exhibit that is available for purchase at the gallery or via their website.  Proceeds will benefit The Survival Center, Northampton's local pantry serving the needs of many folks in town.  I hope you enjoy this departure from some of my other work.

If you're looking for a poster starring some of my characters (and books authored by my neighbors in the Pioneer Valley), I've just recently signed a slew of posters benefiting the Forbes Library, my local amazing library that was recently attacked by an arsonist.  They are available on line at this site.


I'm excited about this classroom/lego contest where kids are encouraged to create their own Pigeon stories in LEGO. The winners will receive a 2 foot tall Pigeon made of LEGO (& a video from me) or exclusive limited edition LEGO MINI-PIGEONS! (yikes!)

Guidelines here.


Entries are due by October 31, 2014.


That's this month's post. If you want to poke around the blog, some topics that might interest you are on the sidebar.

Meanwhile, I'm sure The Pigeon will keep tweeting...