Monday, March 30, 2015



April is a fun month, the beginning of Mud Season here in central MA.

I've got a few appearances and lots of theater happening this month, all of which I hope you enjoy if you get the chance to pop by.


My first book, DON'T LET THE PIGEON DRIVE THE BUS! was published 12 years ago on April 1st thanks to the efforts of my agent, Marcia Wernick, editor, Alessandra Balzer, and publisher, Hyperion.

Thanks to YOU and your support I've been able to quit my day job and keep making books (and plays and cartoons and games) and sneaking in The Pigeon in every one of them!

Thank you. 

The Pigeon has been busy this past dozen years.


2 appearances this month, one (mostly) for the kids and one (mostly) for the grown ups, both about places I've lived.  Please remember to check with the venues regarding signing policies, etc.

MONDAY, APRIL 13, 5 pm --- Brooklyn, NY!
Park Slope, Barnes and Noble
267 7th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11215

I'll be doing a reading, signing, & Q+A back at my old neighborhood Barnes & Noble.  It'll be fun to see my old neighbors and pals again.  

This event is open to the public.

Biovin Center
Main Auditorium on the UMass Dartmouth Campus

I'll be giving the Biovin Center's annual Franco-American lecture, which is a fancy way of saying I'll be talking about my year in Paris and telling some stories.  While the lecture won't be geared to the littlest ears, I will be discussing my upcoming Paris book (illustrated by Tony DiTerlizzi), The Story of Diva and Flea.

There will be a book signing afterwards.

More details here.

This event is open to the public.


There are 3 productions of the vaudevillian adventure ELEPHANT & PIGGIE'S WE ARE IN A PLAY! I hope you'll get a chance to see the shows if you're in the area!

If you can't make it to any of the shows, the original cast album of ELEPHANT & PIGGIE is available here!  


The Magik Theater company in San Antonio production  runs until April 18.

Full info and tickets available here!


The Emerald City Theater's production is running all month

 Full info and tickets available here!


The Smithtown Center for the Performing Arts production runs through April 11.

  Full info and tickets available here! 

A nice review of their production is here.


Check out my comic strip of explorations and gags called FROM THE MO WILLEMS SKETCHBOOK

I'm sharing drawings from my sketchbook, dining room dinner doodles, abstractions, photo-gags, and mo' most every weekday.  I hope you'll visit the strip often and that it will provide the occasional smile or giggle.


A few months back a group of old Brooklyn neighbors told me they were trying to create a pocket park at the 6th Ave Park Slope Library and wanted to include a statue of Knuffle Bunny.  Obviously, I was flattered.

Well, now it looks like it might happen, if enough neighborhood residents want it to.

Read the story is here and go vote!


Thanks to you, THE PIGEON NEEDS A BATH! and Elephant & Piggie's WAITING IS NOT EASY spent a good part of March on the New York Times Bestseller list!  Thanks you!

Also in the Times, someone says something nice about me


In May I'll be doing some traveling to NYC, Washington, and Atlanta where a major retrospective is opening at the High Museum and a production of KNUFFLE BUNNY: A CAUTIONARY MUSICAL at the Alliance Theater (exciting!) .

June will see the publication of Elephant and Piggie's latest adventure, I WILL TAKE A NAP!


That's this month's post. If you want to poke around the blog, some topics that might interest you are on the sidebar.

Meanwhile, I'm sure The Pigeon will keep tweeting...